You’ve no doubt stumbled upon this page after clicking a disclosure link in one of the social media streams that I participate in or by clicking the disclosure link on my website. Either way happy you could make it and now down to business.
What’s this page all about?
This my disclosure and relationship statement page where basically I lay it all out for you so you know who I deal with and in what way. As a social media professional (or as I like to refer to myself, a social media guy) when I say something about a service or a product or a company online I need you to know what relationship I have with them so you can trust what I say is true and not some sort of spin.
Not that I would “spin” something or corrupt my opinion about something for a client or a product but I also don’t want it to appear that I am. I don’t like it and I’m assuming everyone dislikes fake things as well!
So how will you know?
- Well on this page a little further down I will list my clients so you can see who I’m currently working with. Often when I take on a new client I will post something on the blog on this website about who they are and possibly why I’m excited to be working with them.
- On each of my social media streams I will, where ever possible include a link to this page and/or mention my relationship with the topic.
- On Twitter I will when possible announce an association or include the hash tag #client or the abbreviation #cl (for when I really want to squeeze a couple extra characters into my tweet).
- On Foursquare I will where ever possible either be added as a staff member or will use the previously mentioned hash tags
Whenever I’m writing on any of my blogs or anywhere within any social network I am publishing my own opinion which does not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of my employer, my clients or most days even my wife. In fact they may be completely the opposite opinions but they are mine and should not be confused with an official statement unless delivered via the official channels.
So who am I working with?
- Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation – I am currently under contract with DEEDI.
- The Coffee Supplier – a boutique coffee shop in Brisbane hidden down a lane, under a boom gate and in an old factory right in the heart of town.
- Brisbane International Film Festival - I’ve got an advisory role with BIFF around social media.
- NEXTGEN VIP / MS Queensland – A great concept targeting a different demographic and using social media to create awareness about the competition.
- Universal Pictures (Australasia) - Teamed up with them to promote the release of Kick Ass in Australia on DVD and Blu-ray with a give away
So is that it?
No!! This is an organic document that I will add to whenever I found a better more open way to disclose everything! Whenever I update this page I’ll pop a note in the blog so subscribe if you’d like to know when that happens!